2.08.2008

Ear Today, Gone Tomorrow

"Take out the papers and the trash
Or you don't get no spendin' cash!
If you don't scrub that kitchen floor
You ain't gonna rock and roll no more!
Yakety yak (don't talk back!)" - The Coasters




I can hear the fourteener making his omelette du fromage in the kitchen.

Poor guy, he was up all night with a bad ear - we'll go see the doc today.

He feels well enough to make a fancy breakfast, but I'm willing to bet he'll feel too bad to take out the garbage. Let's see. . .

"Hey man, that garbage needs to go. . ."

"Uhhhh."

"What?"

"Uhhhhh."

"You okay?"

"It hurts to talk. . ."

Poor baby, how does he make his whole face turn upside down like that???? "Hey, I got it, man. . ."

"Uhhhhhh." I think that means "Thank You, oh beautiful Mother!"

I hope he remembers this when I am old :) The sacrifice of his garbage-toting mother.

No comments: