2.04.2008

201

Happy Mardi Gras!

This is my two hundred and FIRST blog entry.

Yeah, I realized I had hit a milestone back at two hundred. But I like the idea of celebrating here, at ole 201. Instead of reaching an end, I'm starting a new beginning. Ewwww, sometimes I can be so sappy. . .

I hope that all the craziness in my life has made you readers feel a little more "normal" (as if there is such a thing!)

And I hope that the concept of taking it easy on ourselves and our teens have been evident in the previous two hundred. None of us are perfect, we just do the best we can. The hardest thing to accept sometimes is that our children are PEOPLE, too. Not "Mini-Me's."

Perhaps the best advice for parenting (whether you are religious or not) would be the following, from 1 Corinthians -

"Love is patient, love is kind.

It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. . ."


Have fun!

No comments: