12.20.2007

White Rabbit

"When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead.
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's 'off with her head!'
Remember what the doormouse said:
'Feed your head!'" - Jefferson Airplane



I've had enough reality to last me a lifetime, I think I'll stop watching the news. I'll bet I could go a week and pick up right where I left off. Next Friday all the things that are going to kill me, all the bad things that are going to happen to my kids, all the evil people in the world are still going to be there. Well, there's always the weather. Oh, goodie, damaging winds and hail! Whooptie doo!

But I know I won't stop watching. I might miss the biggest story of the year. What if I didn't know about what the POPULAR teenagers are doing? (Is it just me, or is Real Life like high school lately?) Besides, last night I saw the first pregame hype for the BCS Championship Game, January 7th. Geaux Tigers. Woo-hoo!

I have come to LOATHE that tinkling piano in the jewelry commercials. If you REALLY love your wife, you'll hock your right arm to get her a diamond. Dinkety, dinkety, doo doo. . .

Maybe THEY just want us to THINK that life is like high school. We watched some fix-my-restaurant show last night with the cursing blonde chef. . .how does he keep his hair that way without doing the "Roxbury Nod?" If you aren't sure what that is, walk around the mall and note the teenage hairdo "refresh" jerk that all the layered kids are doing. Dobba dobba doop, dee doo dee doo. . .

So, anyhow, I was watching that show and thinking to myself. . .how boring is reality so that they have to edit it and snip it and paste it into must-see t.v.? Reality is the reason for the remote. I've noticed that a good cure for what ails you is a little "Andy Griffith" or "I Love Lucy." That feels more "real" to me. Bobaloo!

I gotta get off this computer and on with the day. . . procrastinator extraordinairre, that's me. White Rabbit syndrome. . .

"I run, and then I hop, hop, hop. . .
I wish that I could fly.
There's danger if I dare to stop,
and here's the reason why:
You see, I'm overdue!
I'm in a Rabbit Stew. . ."


It's your day. . .what are YOU gonna do???? Toodle-loo!

I can't stop! No more Dr. Seuss for you!!!!!

No comments: