12.16.2007

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip

"But somewhere in the rush I felt,
We're losing ourselves...

And days go by...
I can feel 'em flyin'
Like a hand out the window in the wind." - Keith Urban



That ripping sound you hear is only my fingernails losing their grip on the fabric of time. . .

My husband survived the date. In the interest of privacy, I won't give details, but I will say this - the young man's parents should be proud. And I am proud of my husband for not leaving his bow case out.

I have an impossible to-do list today and I can't seem to motivate myself to do much but breathe.

I have not even purchased my Christmas cards yet, heck, I don't have any idea where my address book is! I don't even quite know what day it is! And the "senders" are piling up in a tower or guilt. . .

Notes from aunts and uncles and friends -

"Haven't heard from you in a while."

"We'd love to see you sometime!"

"I'll bet the kids are so big!"

Instead of being stressed by the holidays, (because frankly, I'll get it all together just like I do every year!) I am going to do my best to savor the time with my family this year. I am so blessed to have the love of so many people - and believe me, it is not my intention to take any of you for granted.

Oh, yeah, and the most repeated phrase from my loved ones lately has been, "Oh, that's okay, I keep up with y'all through the blog." So, thanks for reading. . .I love you. And you do know, I am not REALLY as crazy as I sound, right???

Have fun!

No comments: