12.17.2007

Bring it On!

"The silicon chip inside her head
Gets switched to overload.
And nobody’s gonna go to school today,
She’s gonna make them stay at home.
And daddy doesn’t understand it -
He always said she was good as gold.
And he can see no reasons,
'Cos there are no reasons.
What reason do you need to be show-ow-ow-ow-own?


Tell me why
I don’t like Mondays.
I wanna shoo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oot the whole day down. . ." - Boomtown Rats



Ususally I wake up on Monday thinking. . . uhhhhn!

But not today! For some reason, this Monday is feeling like one of those "Bring it On!" days. It's that fight or flight reflex, I guess. . .and today I feel like I have a little fight left in me.

I am no longer the mother of a thirteen year old, by the way. . . no, I didn't sell him. It's his birthday. Another cause for perkiness.

No matter what looms or what's hanging on, we still have to be moms - know where the matching hat and gloves are, know who has what event when, remember their birthdays. . .when you start to think that being a Mom is driving you nuts, remember that it is instead our salvation. It is our reason for hanging on to the fight.

And we can save the flight for later. . . and if we're very good and keep it all together, maybe it will land in the Bahamas!

No comments: