9.06.2007

Three Little Birds

"Rise up this mornin',
Smiled with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', ("This is my message to you-ou-ou:")

Don't worry 'bout a thing
'Cause every little thing gonna be allright." - Bob Marley


When I heard the front door open at 9:30 last night, I got up out of the bed and went to check. Just ol' Hey Nineteen coming in to retrieve his laundry. . . "Love you, Mom, see you tomorrow. And thanks for folding my stuff!"

When I heard the front door open at 10:30 last night, I got up out of the bed and went to check. Just Teen Trash Man, who suddenly remembered and rolled the can out to the street (in his boxer shorts - hey, it got there, I'm not complaining!)

When I heard crying at 11:30, I got up out of the bed and went to check. Just the five year old, running from something in her sleep.

When I heard to coffee maker spitting at 5:30, I did not get up to check. . . for a while. I just lay there and listened to the birds and watched the sun come up. I headed out the door at 6:45 with my daughter and her amazingly straight hair.

The high school parking lot was it's usual cluster of doom.

I know I am the most cheerful person in the whole lot. I smile and wave and stop to let kids walk across - that makes everyone angry, even the pedestrians.

At least, I assume it makes them angry because when I smile and give them the go-ahead, they scowl at me and then shuffle sloooooooooooowly across. Or, they all walk across the middle of the parking lot so that you cannot drive around them. Good thing I had my Bob Marley CD in this morning, because I waited patiently and then rolled around them and gave them an enthusiastic "Good Morning!" as Bob reminded me "Don't worry."

And so, as I head into the weekend (which I believe should start on Thursday anyway!), I am not going to worry about other people and their bad attitudes, or if my oldest is going to be okay or if the garbage is going to get out on time or the straightness of the hair . . .I think today I will just breathe. . . because every little thing gonna be allright. . .

And this is my message to you-ou-ou.

No comments: