9.04.2007

Spinning Plates

"Oh, I feel it coming back again
Like a roll of thunder chasing the wind." - Live, "Lightning Crashes"



Like the first crisp overtone of a fall breeze after a late summer storm, the peace has returned with my tempest-tossed teen.

And another one bites the dust.

Is it just crazy to think that you can get them all settled at the same time? Having three teenagers (and a five year old) is like trying to keep plates spinning on sticks. One starts to teeter, you stabilize it, and another starts spinning out of round. Sooner or later you just know it's all going to come crashing down on your head and you'll have to pick up the pieces and start all over.

He Who Lives Without Rules is wobbling recklessly, therefore I have been careful to preface each statement with, "Now, Son, I know you are an adult. . . "

"Mom, you've said the same thing five times. I heard you. . . I'm fine."

And what of the other teen?? Today, his big issue is keyboarding (of DOOM!) He HATES keyboarding (of DOOM!) But I need to go now so that he can begin keyboarding (of DOOM!)

Have fun!

No comments: