9.18.2007

September

"Ba de ya - say do you remember
Ba de ya - dancing in September?
Ba de ya - never was a cloudy day. . ." - Earth, Wind and Fire

Oh, wow!

It is beautiful outside!!! I love the first stirrings of fall. . .

"Soon, it will be a crisp October day. . ." Grandma kept her optimism even though she knew my Grandfather was dying. My mom tells a story about sitting on the patio with my grandparents enjoying a September day that must have been much like this one - almost forty years ago. Even though I was only a baby playing contentedly with pinestraw, I can almost remember being there through her recollection.


Today is a great day to get out and dance. Sure, we all have worries, concerns hanging over our heads, fears and anxieties. . . but we also have a crisp promise in the air. Today, I choose to embrace that promise. I am going to charge head-on into the day and make it my own.

As soon as I finish this cup of coffee. . .okay, now, does anyone have an amazing brass section to start the riff? Come on, sing with me. . .

"Do you remember the 21st night of September?
Love was changing the minds of pretenders
While chasing the clouds away. . .

Our hearts were ringing
In the key that our souls were singing.
As we danced in the night,
Remember how the stars stole the night away?"

No comments: