6.26.2007

I'm Sorry I Can't Be Perfect

"And now I try hard to make it .
I just want to make you proud.
I’m never gonna be good
Enough for you.
I can’t stand another fight
And nothing’s alright


‘Cuz we lost it all.
Nothing lasts forever.
I’m sorry
I can't be perfect." - Simple Plan



"A pun is the lowest form of humor." - My Mom


My daughter gets so mad when I call this the "whiney song." I contemplated coming up with a response song. . .(like, "To the left. . . " and "To the right. . .")but I couldn't get a good rhythm to flow with "Just empty the dishwasher, for cryin' out loud!"

I wouldn't mind living in "Perfect" - that beautiful land beyond the Walgreen's sign. The latest ad shows a news crew, wedding party and others in desperate need of hair gel and a shave - and says something to the effect that no one cares what you look like in Perfect. That is such a clever campaign.

In my Perfect, children would beg to do housework, everything I owned would look fabulous on me, and cars would run on our nation's most renewable resource: cellulite. It would suck it right out of your derriere as you drove. Now there's a plan. . .

I reckon Perfect might get a little boring afterwhile, but I'm sure that I can always come back to "Flawed-a" on my vacations. . .

Have fun.

No comments: