1.08.2008

Old School

"I'm never going back to my old school. . ." - Steely Dan



In mountaineering terminology, a fourteener is a mountain that exceeds 14,000 feet above sea level. In motherhood terminology, a fourteener only has two feet, but they don't smell so nice.

We're into our third year of homeschooling, and the excitement has waned. While there are days when we lament the toil of those lost in a sea of FCAT prep and celebrate virtual school's adage of "Any time, any place, any path, any pace," it does not go unnoticed that a crucial element is missing: chicks.

We'll keep you posted as we explore our options. . .

We also have semester exams this week for Fifteen for a Moment. . .nothing like coming back from two weeks' vacation and taking a bunch of crucial tests. My less-than-sympathetic "You either know it or you don't, right?" was met with excessive eye-rolling and puffing, so I guess it's a little stressful. Pile it on, we can handle it!

It is a matter of perspective - the kindergartener was bummed that they didn't get a "bonus P.E." yesterday. Even Hey Nineteen found himself in some mandatory fireman education meeting last night when he just wanted to watch t.v.

Oh, yeah, hey, did anyone watch that football game last night? (Hee hee hee!) Since I don't have a NEW "NATIONAL CHAMPION" shirt, I had to wear my old one. . .

Have fun!

No comments: