11.05.2007

O' Mice an' Men

"But Mousie, thou are no thy-lane,
In proving foresight may be vain:
The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
Gang aft agley,
An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy." - Robert Burns


"Hello world, here's a song that we're singin'.
Come on, get happy!
A whole lotta lovin' is what we'll be bringin'.
We'll make you happy.

We had a dream we'd go travelin' together,
And spread a little lovin' if we'll keep movin on. . ." - The Partridge Family





I love the first Monday of Daylight Savings Time, don't you!

It just makes me happy. It makes me want to tackle my to-so list.

First things first, this morning. The dye is cast, the wheels of fate have been set in motion, I have (duhn duhn duhn) MADE A RESERVATION.

I should explain here that I am somewhat of a commit-o-phobe. I prefer to fly through life by the seat of my pants, zapping each circumstance as if it were aliens in a video game. I have a tendancy to over-worry about things that I know are coming. Just surprise me!

I guess it's the New Orleans in me, but I am very superstitious (writing's on the wall. . .) Silly, actually, but I'm not one to leave my bases uncovered. I have been baptised in three different faiths, JIK. Or, like the old joke, "better one of THEM go than one of US. . ."

I digress.

We're going to blow the fair money - Toooooootally - on a major theme park experience centered around the wee, tim'rous beastie. Life is short and kids are only kids for so long. I can always go on a cruise when I am old and alone, but now is the time for frivolous things.

Let's just hope the Mousey gang doesn't aft agley!

"Still, thou art blest, compar'd wi' me!
The present only toucheth thee:
But Och! I backward cast my e'e,
On prospects drear!
An' forward, tho' I canna see,
I guess an' fear! "

C'mon. . .get happy!!

No comments: