9.11.2007

Hankering for my Home Port

And now, for your listening pleasure, live from the Ballroom of the Tomball Regional Memorial Hospital we bring you the stylings of the lovely Lara. . .

Thank you, thank you. . .you're too kind. . . and don't forget to be so kind to your bartenders and waitresses, thank you. . . hey. . .how are you? Here's an oldie but a goodie, courtesy of our friend, Mr. Buffett. . .

"Drink it up,
This one's for you -
It's been a lovely cruise. . ."

Ah yes, forgive me if I sound a little punch drunk. I arrived at a moment where it occurred to me that I could find my way from the ICU to the cafeteria without even realizing I'd made the trip. Familiarity of that nature is not always unpleasant, but a little weird all the same.

Thank goodness for the hated cell phone - I've been able to maintain contact throughout the day with my family. I apparently owe the five year old a large bag of airheads since she's been so good. . . a small price to pay. And my older girl is gonna get a big T-shirt that says "TCB!" (Takin' Care of Bidness - oh, geeze, I've been in Texas too long!)

Mr. 13 has been handling his schoolwork and walked his sister home from school. I asked him yesterday how his Daddy had been handling the whole Mr. Mom thing.

"Well, Mom, he's. . . what's the word I'm looking for here. . . positively feminine!"

Well, that's great, because to be honest with you, I feel like I have had to grow a tiny set of a certain male apparatus to get through this. Frankly, they are a little uncomfortable, but I am getting used to them.

And I go sailing along, watching for the harbor lights that will indicate we are going to make it home after all. . . man, I miss Pensacola like nobody's business!

Take a look around this morning while you're running the kids or on your way to work - and soak in the beauty of our small, salty town for me. "There's wind in our hair, and water in our shoes. . . Honey, it's been a lovely cruise. . . "

Have fun!

No comments: