9.28.2007

De do do do

"Don't think me unkind -
Words are hard to find.
They're only cheques I've left unsigned
From the banks of chaos in my mind.
And when their eloquence escapes me,
Their logic ties me up and rapes me.

De do do do de da da da
Is all I want to say to you. . ." - The Police


I sit victoriously at my computer this evening, chronicling the events of my day.

I have met the vet, consummated an heretofore neglected lunch date, covered slavery and a collage with the homeschooler and arranged for a massage for my husband from his high-school girlfriend's best friend (yes, I am GOOD!)

I played phone tag with two business associates who both decided to return my call while I was in line ten deep to pay for gas at Wal-Mart as my five year old was working me for a Mountain Dew (do do do, de da da da - of course I gave it to her!)

I delivered one to acting class, one to the football game, the actor to a dance and a princess (in her Cinderella dress and glass slippers, no less!) to dinner at Jerry's Drive-In.

Now, I have just finished the elementary school newsletter and zapped it to the powers for approval.

And I'm waiting for the dance and the football game to end and hoping against the likelihood that both events will end simultaneously. I really don't want to have to drag out Sleeping Beauty if my husband has to head East while I head West.

Yes, I have digressed back into the babble. . .but it brings to mind a catchy ditty. Add me to the poets, priests and politicians who have words to thank for their positions. . .words that scream for your submission. . .de do do do de da da da. . .

No comments: