8.06.2007

They're Bringin' PE Baaaaack. . .

"Let's get physical. . ." - Olivia Newton-John

"I’m bringing sexy back.
Them other boys don’t know how to act.
I think you're special, what's behind your back?
So turn around and I'll pick up the slack." - Justin Timberlake

Even with the gratuitous shirt ripping and facial hair, Justin Timberlake still looks about twelve. A twelve-year-old who participates in PE, but twelve just the same.

(Was my segue a little too obvious? Well, what kind of exercise would you get using a segue anyway?)

The headlines proclaim: "Let's get physical - State law boosts P.E. time for students" I hear the collective duh - how long can you expect people to sit there learning to fill in bubbles without getting out to run it off?

One of the advantages of home-schooling a thirteen year old boy is that I can send him to ride his bike around the block after a gruelling math lesson and he comes home ready to tackle science. . .or the next math lesson.

I'm glad to see that the "30-minutes a day" rule will be in effect this year. My five year old loves to learn, but she's also full of energy. Her poor teacher may have to glue her to the seat as it is!

Now if you REALLY want to instill a little humility into the kids, you'd make them wear those one-piece zip-up numbers that we had to wear to "dress-out!" Talk about gettin your sexy on. . .

No comments: