7.08.2007

Purple Rain & Red Mud Gives Me the Blues

"I never meant 2 cause u any sorrow.
I never meant 2 cause u any pain.
I only wanted 2 one time see u laughing.
I only wanted 2 see u laughing in the purple rain. . ." - Prince


I know I have said before that I love a good summer rain. . . but that was before I found myself trapped in a downpour with six active children (ages two to fifteen) who wanted to be out running through the woods - and NO cable television (cue dramatic violin music. . .duhn duhn duhn. . .) and NO cell signal.

It didn't rain the ENTIRE time. There were corn fights, a really smokey bonfire, red mud everywhere, lots of horseplay and one dead rattlesnake. Close enough to nature to do me for a while - but it was very enjoyable.

And, as always, it felt good to get back home. Where the sun is shining. The back yard is calling. And all of the kids are. . .

On the phone and watching t.v. and waiting for me to get off of the computer.

Have fun!

No comments: