7.09.2007

Nevermind

"With the Lights out it's less dangerous
Here we are now entertain us . . ." - Nirvana



My Mom told me one time that, when kids are little they step on your feet, but when they're big they step on your heart.

But there are some things that kids will do when they are nineteen that they did when they were three - like spill coke all over your car and not clean it up. Or use Dad's tools and leave them all over the garage floor. All those cub-scout campouts and he still hasn't got the idea that you leave it cleaner than it was when you got there!!!

Some things do change, though, and not for the better. My fifteen year old, who wouldn't sleep in her room without a night light now doesn't understand why I don't want her to go out late at night with her friends. She also used to beg me to let her help empty the dishwasher and dust. Ahh, the good old days. . .

My thirteen year old used to hold on to the leg of my pants. Now I frequently watch the back-seat of his pants as he is walking out the door. He also used to get up at 5:30 every morning and hang out with me. Now that it is summer, I rarely see him before ten. Today I roused him at eight thirty because we have an appointment and he laid there and thought about waking up for an hour.

We need to leave in ten minutes. "Mom! Do I have any clean pants??"

"They magically appeared folded on my bed this morning! Uhhhh, do I hear a 'thank you?'"

"Thank you. Do we have any cereal?"

Do you want me to come feed it to you, too? I don't dare ask! "Pantry, bottom shelf."

"Are we out of Reese's Puffs? Oh, nevermind. . .Allright, Mom, get off the computer. We HAVE to go."

Is it just me, or does somebody around here smell like teen spirit?? Oh well, whatever, nevermind. . .

No comments: