6.04.2007

Manic Monday

"It's just another Manic Monday.
I wish it was Sunday -
'Cause that's my fun day,
My 'I don't have to run' day." - The Bangles


It's been one of THOSE days. I'll spare you the details, but here we are at this moment and all I can say is, "Whew!"

So, I am nukin' something that is likely to be more "helper" than "hamburger."

My five year old is expressing her feelings in the middle of the kitchen, "I HATE this family! I HATE my life! I HATE. . .Moooom? Is this apple juice any good??"

"Hey, 'Hate' is not nice!" I holler. "The juice should be good, smell it."

Then the fifteen year old croons from the couch, "Hate is a strong word, but I really really really don't like you!" (Yes, those are really really really the lyrics to a song they play on the radio - obviously penned by products of the "time-out" generation, the Plain White T's.)

We all share a girl-giggle.

Okay, the juice has been poured, my frozen hamburger meat clump is pirouetting nicely on the glass turntable, and all is right with the. . .

Wait a minute, it got TOO quiet. . .

"OW! Moooooom, I was watching that and she, MOOOOOMM!"

. . .and all is right with the world.

Have fun!

No comments: