6.09.2007

Crime and Punishment

"What if man is not really a scoundrel - man in general, I mean, the whole race of mankind - then all the rest is prejudice, simply artificial terrors and there are no barriers and it's all as it should be." - Dostoevsky (See, Ms. Reynolds, I WAS paying attention. . . and a nod to "Google.")

"She could tell right away that I was bad to the bone." - George Thorogood


Is there a parent out there who isn't taking a little sick pleasure from seeing a spoiled kid go to jail this morning?

Despite the shake-up at the Pentagon and the G-8 Summit and the WAR, for heaven's sake, we're seeing "BREAKING NEWS" helicopter shots of a woman going to jail for DUI.

No, its bad Karma to find satisfaction in another's suffering. . .hopefully we'll all learn from this and move on.

Bad Karma, too, to delight in telling your kids, "I told you so."

When they come to you (and they WILL) someday and say, "You know, Mom, Dad, you were right." You should give them a knowing-but-not-condescending smile (no out loud laughing!) and a slight nod of the head.

I know this move because my own parents have given it to me. And when that day comes. . .I will be ready. I have been practicing.

Have fun!

No comments: