10.20.2009

Truth In Advertising

"Hey Mom!" Halfway Between (10 & 20) called me in as he started his schoolwork this morning.


"Whatcha need, buddy?"


"So, yesterday, Jack and I went to Circle K. I was wearing a Mountain Dew shirt and he was wearing a Dr. Pepper shirt. . ."


"Okay. . ."


"So, I bought a Mountain Dew, and he bought a Dr. Pepper."


I gave him the "look."


For a full thirty seconds.


"Isn't that cool?" He asked.


"Well, it IS truth in advertising. . ."



I INTERRUPT THIS BLOG FOR A BREAKING BLOG ALERT UPDATE!!!


He just slid into the living room on his sock feet, sporting a black curly afro.

"See, Mom, you can write about this in your blog." He switched to his narrator voice. "'He entered the room wearing an enormous afro, my favorite son, who plays the guitar like Jimi Hendrix and may be the coolest kid ever. I am just so fortunate to have such an amazing son with such an amazing afro. . .'"

And now, he has retreated to his room to play something groovy to accompany the show.


Somebody help me. . .

No comments: