9.25.2009

Fifteen Seconds at my Dinner Table

I was minding my own business, eating my salad, when the Edge turned to her Dad and said, "Were you watching that disgusting show today?"

"You mean the one about the. . ." The Hubster mouthed something behind his baked beans.

"Yeah!" She nodded. "And they had the. . .well. . ." she looked at me. "I don't want to say it in front of Mom, she'll gag on her salad."

"Oh, yeah, the. . ."

I interrupted. "Y'all just wait, I'm almost done here. You people and your inappropriate dinner conversation!" I shoveled a few flurried fitful forkfulls.

"I'll tell you in a minute," the Edge leaned conspiratorally toward Hubbalicious and gave him a wink.

Halfway Between waved his hands and rolled his eyes, "I hate it when y'all do that!" He grabbed his sister by the arm, and pulled her close to him. "Just whisper it to me. . .and then I'll blurt it out in Amazement!"

And that's when I got up and made my way in here to the computer. You can't make this stuff up. . .

Have fun!

1 comment:

MOMSWEB said...

I love meeting you guys at your dinner table. Never a dull moment!