8.05.2009

Rollin' on the River. . .

"And we'll go rollin' on the river of love. . ." - George Strait






"Oh, great, Mom. Now I've got that song stuck in my head!" Halfway Between (10 & 20) commented on his way to the shower.


"It's a good song!" I replied.


"Pshhhhhh. . ." he said, and closed the door.


I was thinking about blog material this morning and it got stuck in mine, so I figured I'd share. We now resume our regular blog.







The other day the Edge (of 17) asked if she could go tubing on the river with her friends. I pulled out "Mom Speech #34."


"Who all's going?" She named the usual suspects.


"Where are you going tubing." The usual place.


"Who's driving?" She was.


"Are your friends planning on drinking?" No, she didn't think so.


"Are you planning on drinking?" Of course not.


"Well, just remember, if you're driving, you're responsible for the life of every person in that vehicle. Don't have your radio too loud, don't be carrying on and giggling, or talking on your cell phone. I know you've said there wouldn't be alcohol, but for God's sake, if there is, you have a list of people you can call who will come and pick you up, no questions asked."


She pulled out eye roll #15.


"Hey, I just want to make sure that we are absolutely clear. Now you don't have to give it much more thought. I love you."


"I love you, too."


About that time, Dad walked into the kitchen. "What's up?"


The Edge hugged him. "I'm going tubing at the river, Daddy!"


He looked at her, then commenced to deliver "Dad Speech #2."


"Who all's going. . ."


We may be redundant, but I think her Dad and I have got a good flow going.


Have fun!

4 comments:

Kelly L said...

Very funny!
I have two daughters and they both have the eye roll mastered..
Love,
kelly
http://www.ivebecomemymother.com

Sandra Winn said...

LOLOLOLOL....what a wonderful parenting team you guys make! You should write a book using the numbers like you did here...very unique!

Love Ya ~ Sandy

MOMSWEB said...

LOL! This is good. She had no doubt what was expected of her!

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

I think its great that both of you are so involved and aren't afraid to play your part as parents.

Kudos!