11.13.2007

I Miss You

"When you're gone -
The words I need to hear to always get me through the day
And make it ok,
'I miss you. . .'" - Avril Lavigne


They're drifting away, slowly but surely. I am one of those clingy moms who loves to have her children close at-hand (at least close enough to be on the receiving end of a flung flip-flop!)

Our adventure left me waxing nostalgic for the days when they were all here, trapped and raging to escape. . .now the oldest is done, his sister close-behind with the promise of a car looming in her near future, her brother only nineteen months behind. . .even the poor baby seems to have grown a foot over the summer (anyone know where I can get a third shoe??)

I guess they must miss me when they are gone, surely they long for a mom-hug from time to time (I know I do!) or look forward to seeing me at the end of the day.

I know the little one does. She always greets me warmly with, "Tell me we're NOT walking home today!" or "Mooooom! I don't NEED you to hold my hand!"

It's like the old saying, "If you love something, set it free. It's more fun to shoot at it that way." I don't know. Frankly, of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most!

Have fun!!!

No comments: